Try this super quick and easy to prepare bean and mushroom salad! Not only does it taste fantastic, its high antioxidants, fibre, potassium and vitamin C content makes it ideal for weight management and may aid in the prevention of heart disease and some cancers.
- Green Beans
- Red Capsicum
- Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Blanch beans in boiling water before refreshing in ice water
- Remove stalks from mushrooms and lightly sauté
- Allow mushrooms to cool before combining with the beans
- Lightly oil a hot pan and add finely chopped garlic and sliced capsicum and cook just until the capsicum begins to soften
- Add the cooked garlic and capsicum to the beans and mushrooms
- Heat some oil before removing from stove and adding sesame seeds
- Lightly dress the salad with the oil and vinegar, and season with salt
For further nutritional ideas, contact a Striders Personal Trainer today.