For a great Post Workout meal to help with your muscle growing efforts you can’t go past this quick and easy to make Fried Rice recipe. Enjoy a serving of this high protein packed Fried Rice an hour after your post protein shake.
- 5 cups cooked brown or basmati rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bought roast chicken, stripped
- 8 large cooked prawns, diced (optional)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- Half bunch of chopped shallots
- 2 cups green peas
- Place the peas in a microwavable bowl with some water and microwave until tender.
- Add some of the oil to a large, hot, non-stick pan and then add the beaten egg and scramble.
- The moment the egg begins to set, add the cooked rice and use a spatula in a light chopping motion to evenly combine.
- Remove from heat
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the capsicum.
- When capsicum begins to soften add the chopped shallots and cook until shallots lightly soften.
- Return the combined egg and rice to the pan, along with the chicken, prawns, and cooked peas.
- Season with sugar, pepper, and salt to taste before removing from heat.
This recipe makes enough to stock the fridge. . .
Put the ends of the shallots in a glass of water and place in a morning sun aspect. When they begin to sprout pot them up and grow yourself another bunch of shallots.